A project to create collaboration between the cities and towns involved in the project, in issues related to urban development and competitiveness, and to establish a cooperation network of strong and sustainable cities and towns.
The Valladolid city council participates.
- Call for Participation: Spain-Portugal Border Cooperation Programme 2007-2013.
- Main objective: To promote cooperation among several towns and cities (Smart Cities) in Spain and Portugal, creating synergies between them in order to improve the quality of life of their inhabitants and the inhabitants of surrounding territories.
- Cities and Towns involved: Coimbra, Aveiro, Figueira da Foz , Viseu, Guarda, Ciudad Rodrigo, Salamanca and Valladolid.
The ” CENCYL Sustainable Cities Network” project, part of the Spain-Portugal Border Cooperation Operational Programme (POCTEP), is primarily aimed at strengthening the capacity and competitiveness of CENCYL cities (the Centre of Portugal region and the Castilla Leon region) in the context of the two peninsular states and Europe, creating synergies between the cities and towns in order to promote the quality of life of their inhabitants.
The main activities under the project are:
- The creation of the Network (Benchmarking actions, seminars, exchange workshops)
- The promotion of innovation in towns and cities (pilot projects, Good Practices Handbook)
- Cooperation for the Future: a common vision for the towns and cities (territorial development plan, creation of a network of towns and cities)
That towns and cities taking part in this project are: Miranda de Ebro, Burgos, Valladolid, Salamanca, Ciudad Rodrigo, Guarda, Viseu, Coimbra, Figueira da Foz and Aveiro and as an end result it is hoped that dynamic collaboration will be established among the participating localities in issues related to urban development and competitiveness as well as the building of a cooperation network of solid and sustainable towns and cities.